PALAYPALAY MAUNLAD FARMERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
|Address of ARBO||: Barangay Palaypalay, Jalajala, Rizal|
|Name of ARC||: not specified|
|Contact details||: not specified|
|Registration details||: not specified|
I. BRIEF HISTORY
It is a primary cooperative, which is part of the Integrated Jalajala Federation of Cooperatives. The ARBO is a beneficiary of the Communal Irrigation System (CIS) during the implementation of the Integrated Jalajala Rural Development Project (IJRDP) in 1995. Up to now, the ARBO still operates and maintains the CIS. Thus far, irrigation is the only service of the ARBO to its members. The members of the ARBO utilized registered and certified seeds for the last two (2) cropping seasons.
II. BRIEF INFORMATION ON LAND TENURE IMPROVEMENT SITUATION
III. ARBO DETAILS
|No. of Members||: 42 ARBs and 32 Non-ARBs|
|Crop/s or Commodity/ies/and||: Palay|
|Services||: not specified|
|Total area covered (in Has.)||: 100.0|
|Ave. Farm Size of Members||: 1.35|
|Ave. Production of Members||: 9,250 kgs. Per member for 2 croppings|
|OMA rating in 2012||: not specified|
IV. FINANCIAL STATUS (based on 2012 FS)
|Assets||: not specified|
: not specified
|CBU/Capital||: not specified|
|Equity||: not specified|
V. ARBO OFFICIALS
|Chairman||: not specified
|Vice||: not specified|
|Secretary||: not specified|
|Treasurer||: not specified|
VI. AGRI-ENTERPRISE REQUIREMENTS
· The ARBO needs to establish an input (farming) trading business to cater to its members.
· To be able to handle another kind of economic activity, capacity development particularly on business planning, financial management and records management is needed.
· Also needed are agri-technology, agri-extension and business development services in order to establish a business unit on input trading.
· Capital for agri-production is also required.
· The CSF required of the Lead-ARBO and its spill-over ARBOs are: 4-Units of Handtractor (3-cylinder) and 1-unit 4WD, 35 HP with implements, 4-Thresher, Hauling Truck for pick-up and delivery.
VII. DEPARTMENT OF AGRARIAN REFORM PROJECT
|Title of ARCCESS Subproject||: INTENSIFIED PALAY PRODUCTION|
|Location of ARCCESS Subproject||: Palaypalay, Jalajala, Rizal|
VIII. SUPPORT GIVEN BY THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRARIAN REFORM
· The BDS and Agri-Extension Services will be deployed by DAR before the 1st semester, 2013 ends.
· Delivered on Feb. 16, 2013 were 4-Units of Hand Tractor with implements and 2-Units of Threshers.
· For the 2nd round of Procurement, it is expected that the following would be delivered to the ARBO: 10 Knapsack Sprayers, 1-4WD 35 HP tractor with implements, and 2- Reapers.
IX. OTHER REQUIREMENTS AND ESTIMATED COST
X. For information and questions, DAR could be contacted through:
Office of the Undersecretary for Support Services
Department of Agrarian Reform
3rd Floor, DARCO Bldg.
Elliptical Road, Quezon City, Philippines
Telefax: (632) 454-7889 and 928-6429
Mobile: (63908) 887-3161