QUALIFICATIONS OF BALIK SCIENTIST APPLICANTS
• He/She must be of Filipino origin or descent, and is based abroad.
• He/She must have made an outstanding contribution in his/her field of specialization
• He/She must be in good health.
• He/She must be a holder of a graduate degree and must have practiced his/her profession for not less than three (3) years after obtaining his/her masters or doctorate degree.
A Balik Scientist Applicant without a graduate degree but with a highly specialized skill may be qualified on special cases as long as his/her field of expertise must be consistent with the science and technology (S&T) priorities promulgated by the DOST.
For Both Short Term and Long Term Categories
- Accomplishedand Signed BSP Form 1
- Endorsement letter from the Host Institution(s)
- Medical Certificate
- PRC Clearance
- Copy of passport of BSP applicant
- Copy of diploma or transcript of record or certificate of academic achievement(s) from a credible local or international public/private institution/association
- Detailed/Updated Curriculum Vitae to include the following:
- Educational Background
- Field of Specialization
- Areas of Research Interest
- Professional/Employment/Work History including significant scientific, technological and/or entrepreneurial activities undertaken
- Significant achievements (up to 3) made related to your expertise or profession
- Relevant trainings
- Fellowship or Grants
- For Short Term Category only
proposed Terms of Reference (TOR) with clearly defined expected outputs/deliverables and detailed schedule of activities, submitted in concurrence with the host institution(s)
for subsequent visit, a detailed Program Framework or Road Map on what will be accomplished
- For Long Term Category only
- detailed Quarterly Activity Plan, and Statement of Research when applicable, submitted in concurrence with the host institution(s)
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE REFER TO THIS LINK TO THE BALIK SCIENTIST WEBSITE.